From red carpets to runways the ‘Stiletto nail’ look is hot!
Lana Del Ray, Rihanna, GaGa and Fergie seem to be keeping the trend strong and the quirky nail art and bold colours are making them a statement throughout the beauty world. Being a therapist my nails are always short and square so I don’t claw my clients mid facial but I’m defiantly impressed and slightly jealous I don’t have beautiful talons.
D.I.Y is pretty simple so get creative and try at home!
What you need:
- a set of glue on nails- you can buy fairly cheap on ebay or most beauty retailers
- nail file
- base coat & top coat
- nail polish/s
1. Start by giving yourself a mini manicure, I recommend cutting your nails, filing and pushing cuticles back.
2. Apply a small drop of glue on your nail bed.
3. Press on the nail as close to the cuticle as possible and press down for about 10 seconds to ensure nail is stuck on. If it doesn’t quite fit you can file to shape before gluing.
4. Use the scissors to cut the nail at an angle to create a point.
5. Use your nail file to smooth the edges to achieve desired shape.
6. Paint on base coat.
7. This is where you get creative! you can use one colour to make a bold statement or you can mix it up and create shapes and designs… the choices are endless!
8. Finish with a top coat and your stiletto nails are complete! Love it!